What’s the difference between a Adding a Comment and Sending a Comment?
- Add Comment should be used for FYIs or providing more information.
- Add Comment creates a comment that travels with the assignment but do not create an email alert.
- Add Comment should not be used for questions or responses to questions.
- Send Comment creates an email alert and an Action Item for the person you direct it to, so Send Comment should be used for questions or responses to questions.
How to add a comment:
When you click Add Comment in the Item Thread, a dialog box will appear at the top of the Item Thread.
- Enter your note.
- Select Save to save the comment.
Your comment will be added to the Item Thread and will remain with the assignment through the rest of the workflow.
Fact-checkers and editors have the option to leave Private Comments.