RRD Content Source Help > How do I get paid as an RRD Content Source freelancer?

How do I get paid as an RRD Content Source freelancer?

All payments for work done for RRD Content Source are done through PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you will need to set one up by visiting PayPal.com. It’s free and easy to do.

How to connect to your PayPal account:

Before you can request your first payment, you will need to add a PayPal account to your profile on RRD Content Source.

  1. Select My Profile in the upper right corner of the RRD Content Source homepage.
  2. Select the Earnings tab.
  3. Select the Add PayPal Account button.
  4. Enter the requested information.

Important: The email address you use in the PayPal email address field MUST match the email address you used on your PayPal account, or your payments will not go through successfully.

How to view your current earnings:

On the RRD Content Source homepage, you will see a box labeled Earned Since Last Payout.

  • The large green number shows your current balance.
  • Click the Payment Detail button to see what’s included in that balance.
  • You will be taken to a page that shows details about all the assignments at are included in that balance.

How to request payment to PayPal:

  • Click the Claim Earnings button on the RRD Content Source homepage. (This button will become clickable on your Dashboard once you reach the minimum $25 amount.)
  • Requested payments will appear as Pending in the Payment Requests tab of the Earning Details page until they are paid out to PayPal.

Note: Payments are made to PayPal on the 1st and the 15th of the month (or the next business day if those dates fall on a weekend or holiday).

How to enter required tax information:

You have to enter tax information before you request your first payment. Click on the Edit User Tax Information button on Earnings tab of the Member Profile page.

If you earn $600 or more in a calendar year, RRD Content Source will provide an electronic 1099.

  • Complete the information, including Tax ID Type and Tax ID.
  • If you live outside the U.S. and do not have a social security number, check the box that says “I am exempt from paying US tax and do not need to provide Tax ID/SSN.”
  • Select View Statement to view the terms.
  • Check the box next to Agree to terms.
  • Select Submit.

Auto Pay

After you request payment for the first time, you can choose to enable Auto Pay, which will automatically make payment requests for you on the 1st and the 15th of the month, if you have a balance of $25 or more.