What’s the difference between public comments and private comments?
Public Comments are visible in the Item Thread to everyone who works on an article. Most notes you leave will likely be public.
How to leave a public comment:
- Enter a comment in the comment field that appears after you hit the Complete button.
- Select Submit to move the task to the next step.
- Select Submit & Next to move to the next assignment in your queue.
*Note that the next assignment may not be for the same type of task, so look carefully at the role(s).
Use Private Notes if you aren’t comfortable leaving a public note.
Note: This feature is not available to the first person in the workflow (usually the writer). They will need to email any issues directly to the project manager.
How to add a private comment:
- Select Add Private Comment.
- Enter your note in the Private Comments box.
- Select Submit or Submit & Next.