I’m done with my assignment. What should I do next?
Note: Do not move work forward unless you have completed the work. (Blank documents will get stuck in the system!) Always alert the project manager of any issues.
When you’re ready to move the work to the next step:
- Select Save in the top right corner of the Workbench.
- After you select Save, the Complete button will turn green and become clickable.
- Click Complete to move the item forward or to escalate the article to the project manager.
Selecting Complete will open a box that looks like the one below.
- Choose Escalate to Project Manager or Submit to Next Step.
- Escalate to Project Manager will send the article to the project manager. Use this option if you have a question or problem that needs to be addressed before you can complete the article.
- Submit to Next Step will move the article forward to the next stage in the workflow.
To leave a comment or additional information for the editor, enter it in the Public Comments field.
- Click Submit, and the assignment will move to the next step in the workflow or to the project manager if you selected Escalate to Project Manager.
- Click Submit & Next to automatically move to the next assignment in your queue.*
*Note: If you work on more than one type of assignment for Helium Content Source (writing, editing, fact-checking, etc.) the next assignment may not be a writing task, so look carefully at the role(s).
Editors, Fact-checkers, etc.
Depending on your role, you may have different options from which to choose. You must choose one.
- Editor – Choose Editor Passed.
- Reviewer – Choose Reviewer Passed or Final Reviewer Passed.
- Fact-checker – Choose Fact Check Passed.
- Plagiarism Checker – Choose Plagiarism Passed.
- Prepublish – Choose Manual Published.
Choose Escalate to Project Manager to send the item to the project manager.
Only escalate to the project manager if there’s a major issue with the work.
Next, you will have the opportunity to leave a comment. This is optional. Editors, fact-checkers and reviewers can choose to leave a public or private comment.