How do I handle an assignment that uses attachments in the RRD Content Source system?
For certain projects, RRD Content Source provides the ability to add attachments to assignments, which can be downloaded and edited. Users also have the ability to replace attached files as they progress through the process, and the system provides the ability to view older versions of the attachments.
Add an Work File in a RRD Content Source Project
1. Log in to www.app.rrdcontentsource.com and find the item to be edited by in the Things That Are Ready To Be Worked On section of the RRD Content Source homepage. (You might first have to claim the work clicking on the Available Work button and selecting the Accept icon for that assignment.)
2. After opening the assignment by clicking the Edit button, you will see a section at the top of the Workbench labeled Work Item Files. This is where you will upload documents that need to go with the assignment.
3. Click the Upload New File button.
4. Navigate to the location of the file that needs to be uploaded. Be sure to name the file appropriately, according to your project manager’s specifications, prior to loading it. Select Open to upload the file.
5. The file you added will appear in the Work Item Files list and be available to the next person in the workflow after you hit Complete and move the assignment forward in the workflow.
Note: To download a file from the Work Items Files list, you just need to click the blue file name.
Replacing a Work Item File
To control versions, some project managers may ask you to replace an attachment with a newer version. Here’s how to do that.
1. When editing an item that contains an attachment, click the Replace button next to the file you want to replace.
2. Select Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
3. Navigate to the new attachment. The file name does not need to match the original. However, you may wish to name the replacement document in a way that makes sense to the original project.
4. After navigating to the new document, select Open to upload it.
6. The new document will appear in the Work Item Files list.
7. Select Complete to complete the stage in the workflow.
8. If you simply select Upload New File, the system will add the new attachment to the Work Item Files list, and all existing attachments will remain there.
Viewing Versions of Attachments in an RRD Content Source Project
1. When editing an item that contains an attachment, select the Versions tab on the right side of the window.
2. Click the Select Version dropdown to select the version you wish to see.
3. Select the Attachments button on the right side of the window, beneath the Select Versions dropdown.
4. The left side of the window shows the most current attachments. The file on the right side of the window reflects the attachments that existed in the selected version.
6. Click on the file name on the right side of the window to download that version’s attachment.