I got an error message about invalid HTML code. What do I do?
Before you can complete a task, the system will validate the source code in the text. If it fails, you will get this message:
How to Fix Invalid HTML Code:
- If you are comfortable with HTML, click the source code icon and check the source code.
- Save any corrections you make and select the Validator icon to see if the issue has been resolved.
- If that doesn’t work, or if you aren’t familiar with HTML, select the cleaner icon .
Important: This will scrub your text, and you’ll need to redo all formatting—including embedded links.
Our suggested method of working:
- Write directly into the text box or copy/paste as plain text.
- Select the Validator icon to check your source code.
- If validation fails, select the cleaner icon . (If validation still fails after using the cleaner, contact your project manager.)
- Add links and format your text.
- Select the Validator icon to check your source code one last time.
- Select Complete to move the assignment forward.