How do I embed a link the right way?
When adding links:
- Do not copy/paste a URL directly into the text, like this: http://www.smiletrain.org/around-the-world/mexico.html
- Always use anchor text (body text with a link), like this: “Here is a sample.”
Steps to follow:
1. Select the anchor text (body text where you want the link to appear).
2. Click the link icon in the workbench.
3. Copy/paste the URL next in the Web Address field. Be sure to include the entire web address, including http://.
4. Check the box next to Open Link in a New Window.
5. Select Insert.
To test the link:
- Place the cursor anywhere in the anchor text.
- Right-click (or Control click on a Mac) and choose Open Link in New Tab.
- If you are not brought to the desired destination, click the link icon to review for errors in the web address or if http:// is accidentally listed twice at the beginning.